Interesting, this shows the probably of a child’s eye color based on the eye color of its parents!
This is weird though. Don’t relatives eye colors come into play too? I find it hard to believe that two brown eyed parents have a full 18% chance of a green eyed child, without looking further back in the ancestry.
Also, I mean. My mom has green eyes and my dad has blue/grey eyes. Out of the seven children they had together, three of us have green eyes and the other four have brown eyes, with a grand total of none landing blue.
So something tells me this chart does not represent the full picture.
My dad has brown eyes, my mom has blue eyes. My sister has blue eyes, my brother has brown eyes. I’m like, greenish-greyish-blueish-brownish hazel. Not sure why that happened.
I think the problem with this chart is that it doesn’t take into account dominate/recessive traits and sex linked traits. There are also multiple shades and blendings of color not accounted for, as well as genetic mutations that lead to one eye being multiple colors, both eyes being different colors, spots of color in one eye and genetic traits like albinism and melanism that would affect iris color.
Crystal is right; this chart is, in fact, mostly bollocks.
I might make a correct version if/when I get bored of revising
Lesson to be learned: Don’t believe everything you see on Tumblr, damn it.
ITS TIME FOR THE ANNUAL OMOCAT CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY!!
many good things have happened, OMOCAT has grown so much, and my life is forever changed :>
here’s a little thank you to all my followers and supporters!
1) FIRST PRIZE: 1 OMOCAT APPAREL in the size of your choice (while supplies last) new items that may be released this following week are also eligible for the prize
1) reblog the entire post to enter the giveaway! likes do not count gomen ~_~
2) EDIT: you may only reblog once! multiple reblogs apparently don’t work anymore because tumblr’s new system only shows the most recent reblog. also, no giveaway-only blogs! i’ll be checking >:(
3) i will be choosing 3 winners randomly. i will painstakingly copy-paste each blog name in a random generator, and have the generator pick the winners for me
4) the winner will be chosen this weekend on the midnight of DECEMBER 16th. i will be sending out asks to let you know if you’ve won so please make sure your ask is open! if you do not reply within 24 hrs, i will have to choose another winner!!
5) i will provide free shipping! (yes, even international)
good luck!! once again, thank you all and happy holidays!!!!!
Created by Joel Jackson
Gamera is really neat
He is filled with turtle meat
We all love you, Gamera!
Snow day means Majora’s Mask and hot chocolate.
this video is the shit and no one can tell me otherwise
looks like someone got creative
rebloged a minute in
I’M ON AN EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER.
Me: We only have 25 of this item left, so you should probably order more soon.
My Boss: OK.
*One Week Later*
Me: We only have 15 of this item left, so you need to order more soon.
My Boss: OK.
*Three Days Later*
My Boss: I can't find the box of those items. Do you know where it is?
Me: We only have 5 left.
My Boss: You know, you really need to tell someone when we're running low on something.